ATG Minutes of Board Meeting - April 2014
ALBUQUERQUE THEATRE GUILD
Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting
Home of Board Member Nancy Williams
April 12, 2014
Approved by the Board May 3, 2014
The Board of Directors of the Albuquerque Theatre Guild convened at the home of Board Member Nancy Williams. Board Members present were Vicki Singer, Denise Schulz, Reeve Love, Nancy Williams, Val Scott, Vern Poitras, Brian Haney and Ann Beyke. Leslee Richards, Beth Welt, and Cheri Costales were absent.
1. Call to Order, Welcome and Thanks
President Vicki Singer welcomed the Board and extended thanks to Nancy Williams for hosting.
2. March Board Meeting Minutes
A motion to approve the March Board meeting minutes was made by Denise, seconded by Brian, and approved by the Board.
3. New Business
- New Office Space
- Vicki discussed the new office space which is at The Produce Company, 600 1st St. NW, Suite 211; (entrance on Roma side). Space can be used for get-togethers, committee meetings etc. The space is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. We will need a key for access after hours. A keypad will be installed and Vicki will have access to the key.
- All future meetings will be at the new space on the first Saturday of each month (except for holiday weekends; those times TBD) from 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
- The ATG meeting of the Member Organization Liaisons will be held on Saturday June 7, 11:00 am-12:00 pm at the new office space.
- The Fundraising committee will be meeting on Thursday April 17 at 1:00 pm.
- The first event to introduce the community to the office space will be Thursday June 19, 4:30-7:00 pm.
- Linda Lopez McAllister will be bringing a computer, monitor, and keyboard to the office for the Board and volunteer usage; some office furniture has been donated.
- Mail will continue to be received at our USPS P.O. Box; Denise has offered to pick-up and will work out details with Claudia in her absence.
- Discussion about ATG phone—we may need to get a cell phone with a dedicated ATG number. Reeve has a cell phone that has not been used and will look at details for activating.
- All financial information will stay with Claudia and not be moved to the office.
- Youth Scholarship Committee—the search continues for someone to lead the committee. Ray Orley, Ramona King, Reeve Love will review apps which are due on May 1.
- Annual Membership Meeting—the board determined that the annual membership meeting will be Saturday May 31, 1:00-3:00 pm at the new space.
- ATG Promotion
- A general discussion was held of how we can continue to promote ATG, especially in light of the reduction in theatrical coverage in the Albuquerque Journal. Also, there are now two new websites, “Albuquerque To Do” and “ABQ360” that will be listing activities; we want to drive people to our site. Linda Lopez Mcalister, chair of the Buzz committee, was at the meeting and suggested that we may want to look into the possibility of putting the brochure into Albuquerque the Magazine; we would increase the cost of printing the brochures some but we would be reaching people who are likely to be theatre goers.
- The board determined that we may want to compensate a web person to provide more services to our member theatres; Vicki will check with Joel Miller, who currently oversees the web site as a volunteer.
- Jonathan Ragsdale and Memphis reception previously scheduled has been cancelled; no group ticket sales are planned.
- ATG’s Annual Party
- Scheduled for Sunday April 27, 6:00-8:30 pm at the VSA N4th Theater.
- Artist Donatella Davanzo will have photographs on display.
- Val finalized details of food with board members present.
- We have a trade with Roma Café for food for event; we will not use the full $250, rather a portion of it for some food for the evening.
- Set-up for the event is at 4:00 pm; Val welcomes assistance from the board.
- The event is also a wrap party for the Southwest Irish Theatre Festival.
5. Treasurer’s Report
Denise reviewed financials with the board and indicated that she has created a conservative budget for the organization for FY15. The board will have to vote on the budget which will be submitted at the May meeting.
6. Next Meeting
Saturday May 3, 10:00 am-12:00 pm at The Produce Company, 600 1st St. NW, Albuquerque.
Moved by Brian and seconded by Denise. Meeting was adjourned at 1:29 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Ann Beyke on behalf of Secretary Beth Welt
[Edited by Webmaster]