Minutes of ATG General Meeting - May 11, 2013
ALBUQUERQUE THEATRE GUILD
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting
National Hispanic Cultural Center Wells Fargo Theatre
May 11, 2013
Approved by the Board June 1, 2013
1. Vice-President Linda Lopez McAlister, in the absence of President Witemeyer (who was in Atlanta for his daughter’s graduation ceremony), opened the meeting at 10:30 a.m., thanking all of the attendees.
2. Linda Lopez Mcalister read the President’s Report, which included praise for Claudia Mathes, saying this was “a proud day for smart, deserving women.”
3. Treasurer Denise Schulz presented the AACT Spotlight Award to Claudia Mathes “for long and outstanding service to the theatre community.” Ms. Mathes accepted it graciously noting that it amazes her that people think that doing something you love with people you respect and admire is hard work; “to me, it’s being lucky.”
4. Individual Members Election. Claudia Mathes nominated Leslee Richards; Frank Cullen nominated Valerie Scott; Nancy Jeris-Williams nominated herself; and Ninette S. Mordaunt nominated Ann Beyke. Each made a presentation of herself (with Claudia Mathes speaking for the absent Leslee Richards).
5. While the votes were being counted, various Circle heads gave oral reports of their Committees’ activities/accomplishments and future plans, although an official Report handout was given to members as they signed in.
6. Frank Melcori asked us to keep John Davis, who recently passed away, in our thoughts.
7. The results of the votes were announced. The new Individual Members to serve on the Board are: Valerie Scott, Ann Beyke, and Leslee Richards.
8. The meeting was adjourned about 12:15 p.m
Ninette S. Mordaunt, ATG Secretary