TLC - The Theatre Lovers Community of the ATG
TLC founder Kay Grant talks about TLC with the hosts of KASA-TV’s New Mexico Style. Click here to view the video clip.
TLC Membership is a Bargain!
TLC members have receive discount offers from various Albuquerque theatres, get invited to exclusive rehearsals and auditions, and get to attend exclusive talks on theatre.
Download the membership form here and come play with us!
TLC Benefits and Events
Coming Events, 2015:
- Discount on tickets to most ATG Member Theatre performances. Join the TLC mailing list for details on specific show discounts.
Past Events, 2015:
Friday January 16, elite Dance and Theatre invited TLC members to a rehearsal of their new show, The Shoe Room, which will be performed at the North 4th Theater.
Rehearsing The Shoe Room.
Monday January 5, TLC members were invited to the initial read-through of the Vortex Theatre’s The Whipping Man.
Director Barbara Geary shows a model of the set for The Whipping Man, and an attentive audience of TLC members listen to the cast’s read-through.
Saturday January 3, TLC in a joint offering with Popejoy Presents had a special program on the Broadway hit Chicago. Prominent choreographer Donna Scheer and Popejoy’s Terry Davis discussed Bob Fosse’s choreography style, and Donna offered a demonstration involving the audience that helped us to understand how meticulous Fosse’s choreography was.
A large audience attended the Chicago presentation. Photographs by TLC Member George Abernathy
Click here for Past Events, 2014
Click here for Past Events, 2013
Click here for Past Events, 2012
Join the TLC!
Do you like it LIVE? If you enjoy going to live theatre and wish to support the vibrant theatre community in Greater Albuquerque, you’ll want to join TLC. Members enjoy exclusive benefits and invitations, social gatherings of theatre-lovers, and priority admission to events and programs based around local theatres and their productions. See details of benefits below. A printable Word-format application form may be downloaded from this website, completed, and mailed in, by clicking on either of the links at the top and bottom of this page. The TLC membership year begins 1 July and runs through the end of the following June. Once you have joined, we think you will be very pleased with the opportunities for fun and learning ahead.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN TLC?
Once or twice a month, you’ll be invited to programs designed to enhance your theatre-going experiences, such as these:
- You’ve seen their names listed in your programs, but what do they actually do? And what are their challenges in our theatres? Hear stage managers, lighting designers, or dramaturges tell you their stories.
- You’ll be notified of special discounted performances and get some discount coupons.
- You’ll receive an exclusive invitation to observe auditions, rehearsals, and previews.
- You’ll be invited to meet other theatre enthusiasts at gatherings such as “Dinner and a Show”ť or “Around the Piano: Favorite Musical Numbers.”
- You can mingle with the cast and crew at exclusive post-show receptions and “Cocktails with the Stars” events.
- You can hear a talk on an unfamiliar playwright or play selection in the current season, find out more about devised and improvisational theatre, and go on a backstage tour.
- You’ll receive special privileges such as early entry to unreserved seating at participating theatres and space-available admission to the activities of ATG’s Circles (workshops for directors, actors, playwrights, etc.)
- You’ll be invited to give VIP feedback to ATG Members on your experiences at the theatre.
And more!... (this is a work-in-progress!)
All these occasions provide an opportunity to network and exchange ideas, information, and experiences with people who share your abiding commitment to live theatre. Showing your TLC membership card will usually be required to receive the discounts and other privileges.